Bentley Architects + Engineers, Inc., a full-service, multi-disciplined firm, is looking to grow their Roadway Department. We are looking for an experienced Roadway Designer (EI, EIT) with at least 1 year of experience. Bentley has a wonderful open atmosphere and offers employees opportunity for upward growth within the company! Bentley offers large firm project diversity, but in a modest, individualized working environment. Our employees enjoy having the opportunity to work on multiple types of projects to expand their skill set.
- Performs work involving the conceptual and final design preparation of roadway, highway, interchange, and urban roadway design services for public clients
- Planning and design tasks including the development of horizontal and vertical geometry, preparation of plan and profile sheets, typical sections, roadway cross-sections, maintenance of traffic plans, and utility adjustment plans
- Development of design and planning project schedules and budgets
- Serves as the Task Lead and supervises the design and ongoing progress of a project, including the coordination of the project with city, state, and county officials, and other outside agencies and subconsultants
- Reviews plans and prepares or reviews technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates
- Supervises the work of less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel assigned to the project
- Performs other related duties as assigned
B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering from an ABET Accredited College/University
Licensed EI with 1 year of experience
Candidate should be proficient in the use of MicroStation and GeoPak; and must also have a working knowledge of current standards from FDOT, AASHTO and MUTCD.
Florida Department of Transportation project experience preferred.
Bentley Architects + Engineers, Inc. offers excellent compensation based on experience and a benefits package that includes comprehensive medical/dental/vision, 401(k) with contribution, PTO and a compressed 40-hour work week.
**Please include a Project List with Resume.